289FIA KIT ($19,900) PARTS LIST
Unfortunately, in the kit car industry
there are no "standard
Each company has its own approach to components that they
so a careful comparison of each kit is required. E.R.A.
many, many of the small components that you won't think about until you
find that you lack them in other kits!
Take a visual
tour of a standard
ready to ship!
Compare our components (and whether they are
factory-installed) with the
competition! There is no fabrication or fitting involved when you build
ERA, only straightforward installation. As delivered, the basic kit
like a real car, but with the suspension and interior in boxes.
If you've built a kit car before, you know that the
small details are the
most time consuming (and frustrating) part of construction. Those
are where ERA shines. Please, compare our car with our competitors! We
confident that you will find that an E.R.A. replica is, at the bottom
a bargain in ease of construction and quality of the final product.
Almost all fasteners
are included in the standard
kit. This will save you lots of time.
Fit to the chassis complete
- Aluminum inner panels, splash shields and
- Aluminum side vent louvers, installed
- Aluminum firewall, wheel-houses, floors, rear
bulkhead panels, with removable
access panel, installed
- Doors, hood and trunk lid, hinged, fit, installed
and latched with reproductions
of the original hardware and stainless steel fasteners.
- Footboxes (fiberglass as original) with insulation
- Hood and trunk stay with brackets, installed
- Built in hood scoop - or smooth hood
- All holes for lights, bumpers, mirrors, top and
tonneau snaps, emblems, etc.
are drilled or cut out.
- Removable aluminum transmission tunnel, installed
- Separate left and right fiberglass foot boxes,
with thermal insulation, installed
- Windshield, installed
- Integrated steel front and rear cowl surrounds
acting to fully support the
body shell and doors.
- Drive shaft safety strap
(all installed), includes:
clutch pedal assemblies mounted
directly on the main chassis
rail with needle bearing pivots and pivoting pedal faces.
- Dual Tilton master
cylinders w/balance bar enclosed in
box below floor
- Steel brake lines, junctions, front and rear, with
- Flex lines to the front calipers, and rear
- Brake fluid reservoirs and brackets, with filler
lines - see right >
- Dual brake light switches, with warning light
Even the reservoir fill lines are
supplied and installed on the kit.
lines - brake, clutch and fuel are secured to the chassis with buffered
- All mounting points for:
Engine and transmission
Steering and suspension
Radiator and fuel tank.
- Integrated door hinging and latching
- Functional roll
bar with forward brace
- Pedal and all linkage, Master cylinder,
mounted on chassis, with filler
cylinder, bracket, flex line and all
oversized aluminum core, w/bleeder,
mounted in the chassis with top and bottom pins into rubber insulators
- Electric fan, Thermostatically
controlled with manual
override switch and relay
- Aluminum shrouding
- Aluminum connector tube from the water pump to the
- An accurate reproduction of the original
street or competition
style dashboard. The competition dash is
in bare aluminum,
the street dash is covered in all-weather vinyl.
- Stewart Warner instruments including 3
Tachometer and Speedometer,
plus 2 5/8"
oil pressure, oil
temperature, water temperature, ammeter and fuel level gages with
- High beam, turn signal and brake system warning
- Fresh air
vent pull cables and knobs
- All dash switches appropriate for comp or street
- Special modular wiring harness, color coded,
tagged, and soldered
- All original-style dash switches, appropriate to
- Fuse blocks, horn and fan relays (pre-wired),
- All grommets, clips, securing hardware, etc.
- Headlights, parking lights, tail and license
- Dual horns with relay
- Windshield wiper motor bracket with adapter tubes,
system (in rear quarter)
AIR SYSTEM, installed,
- Fresh air inlet ducts
- Left and right control valves
- All hoses, clamps, etc.
gallon, fully baffled
- Filler, Monza type aluminum, with all fittings to
- Steel fuel line from tank to engine
carburetor throttle linkage
upper and lower control
arms with ball
joints, bushings and hardware
- Custom fabricated steering knuckles
- Steering tie rods with ends
- Rear trailing arms with rod ends
steering column with "U" joints
- Interior and exterior rear view mirrors
(See options for street-style.)
- All grommets for instruments, cables, etc.
- Top and tonneau snaps, w/holes in body drilled
louvers in aluminum, installed (at
Ferrules for top bows and side curtains
- Defroster vents on dash
- Weather stripping for doors, hood and trunk
- Carpeting, door panels
- Street seats (427 style)
- Aluminum step mouldings
- Front and rear chrome over-riders
- Sun visors and windwings
frame socket - built into
Also included is a
manual that gives illustrated step by
step instructions, with
numbers and sources for all necessary other parts. The
of the manual is downloadable
here if you want an idea of the labor and parts
Our packing list is here.
Unfortunately, it doesn't list every nut and bolt - we
assemble the packages with our own list.
COMPONENTS NOT IN THE STANDARD
- Engine: Ford 289-351
- Transmission: Mustang 5 speed, Ford toploader,
Richmond Gear 5 speed or Tremac
- Jaguar XKE or XJ sedan rear suspension unit, or
custom ERA subframe
River steering gear (FR1502-3X3) or equivalent
column and steering wheel
- GM front rotors and calipers (bolt-on wheels only)
- Front coil-over dampers
- Wheels and tires
- Handbrake handle and cable
- Exhaust system
of the manual with a
list of parts required, including part numbers.
LIST with prices!